Saturday, December 1, 2012

the battle

So the battle rages on in America the so called land of the free, and yet I notice that there are still states in the union that DO NOT have protections for discrimination for LGBT members, Ohio being one of them, how is this right? How can any given state be allowed to treat a group of individuals wrongly simply because its not in their state law? YOU CAN'T it's unconstitutional to do so. I am particularly offended by this, it is not right to throw someone out of their home and onto the street, fire them from the job they have held with you or deny them the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY at getting that job, simply on the grounds they are different than you. This is done NOT because they have a bad rent/mortgage history, not because they have done poorly on the job, not because their previous work history is bad, but because they are Gay/Lesbian/Bi, Trans, Black, Arabic, Hispanic, etc and has been the practice of this nation ever since the beginning of its creation, a certain group known as the straight white male were for the longest time considered to be the only one who mattered in this country everyone else was inconsequential, yes even women were excluded and had rather miserable lives if they didn't have a straight white male taking care of them. This IS WRONG.

If you disagree with any of these statements, simply put you are a self righteous bigot, don't like being called that? Stop being one, it's a fact if you think it is right to take things away from people simply because they are different in any given way you ARE discriminating period. There is NO such thing as superior gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, ways of thinking, etc. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to that opinion, but what you are NOT entitled to is to use that opinion to oppress someone who doesn't fit into that opinion, in short I AM a trans woman and I HAVE the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness in whatever way I deem correct as long as it does not PHYSICALLY harm someone or PHYSICALLY deprive someone of things they have earned or their own rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, if you don't like that than F off because you WILL NOT take those rights away from me. It is my body and my life and I WILL live it according to how I FEEL is right not you, you don't get to decide that for me or anyone else in this country, and I could give a crap less how you justify your views on your ideal that you can deprive me of things and choose what is right for me you DO NOT have that right! For those who agree with me it is time now to stand up, simply saying you support equality and not doing anything about it WILL NO LONGER CUT IT, if we want these liberties for people we have to stand up now and stand up firm, we WILL NOT go away, we WILL NOT be silenced, give us our rights or we WILL fight until we get them.

1 comment: